Wildlife Photography by Wild Images
Lion, penguin, rhino, leopard, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, hyena, porcupine, antelope, and more...
The African Leopard (Panthera pardus) is primarily a solitary cat, well adapted with camoflague to hunt in sun dappled vegetation of the sub-Saharan African Continent. Its population is decreasing and hence its IUCN Red List designation of Near Threatened. It is very strong for its size, able to carry large prey animals up into trees where it wedges them so they are secure and feeds in peace. They prefer to hunt at night and are opportunistic hunters, taking prey from rodents, reptiles and birds up through moderately sized antelope. The Leopard competes for its food with Lion and Hyena which are its enemies. We have photographed Leopards in Kruger and the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Parks of South Africa, Chobe and Moremi National Parks of Botswana, Hwange National Park of Zimbabwe, Etosha National Park of Namibia, Tarangire and the Serengeti of Tanzania and Lake Nakuru of Kenya.
- Backlit Kgalagadi Leopard marking territory IMG_3706
- Leopard playing with the fruit of a Sausage Tree _GS12966
- Leopard jumping from branch to branch at night 05880-01017
- Leopard stretching _GS10780
- Leopard yawning from Acacia Tree perch IMG_9877
- Leopards in a cliff above the Rufiji River CGS16389
- Leopard coming down from its roost in a Sausage Tree _GS13074
- Leopard climbing Acacia Tree _GS10580
- Leopard climbing into Umbrella Acacia Tree _MG_5257
- Leopard ready to jump out of tree 0R7E7434
All of the images you see here are for sale: for one time use or for permanent buy out. These images are just a small part of the thousands we have in our files. More will be added in time as the design of this website continues. In the meantime, please contact us for pricing which will depend on intended usage. Images are available as prints, transparencies, and digital files.